Rian is now 8years old!

It's been over 4 years since I last wrote on my blog. I will probably not writing now if I have not received a message in facebook from Mommy Sheena. She has a son who has a speech delay. She searched for me online because she wanted to know how my daughter is doing now.

Yes, we overcame her speech delay and her hyperactive behaviour. She is now 8 years old. She now speaks and behaves like any other regular kids.
 As you know, I took 5 months off from work when she was 4 years old to help my daughter to improve her speech. The five months daily activities were not easy but I kept doing what I think can help her. Every little improvement that my daughter demonstrated was celebrated with hugs and kisses. Slowly, one step at a time her speech continued to improve. Her speech is not perfect, there are times that she’s not understood but she gained the confidence to say again or explain what she was trying to convey. I can say that we are now ripping off all the hard work that we have done in the past.

Currently, she goes to a regular school in New Zealand called Waimataitai school and she does all the activities like everyone else in her class.  I am glad that there are mommies like Sheena who is learning from our stories on this blog.

She recently created her own you tube channel- Kiddie Fun Time.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! My son just turned 4 and he has a receptive and expressive delay! He has about 300 words and can put together 2-3 words max. I am going to start working with him at home more too. Hope one day I can say that it turned out like your lovely little girl and he is fully talking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...