Hyperactive Behavior Improvement : Going to church 2

Below are my notes that I promise to share with you in my previous blog: Hyperactive behavior Improvement: Going to Church 1

Journal Date: July 29, 2011

This is our first visit to the church. As advised we went on a Saturday. As expected there were few people inside the church. We stayed at the church for 20 minutes. Let me narrate what happened in 20 minutes:


Upon Arriving, my baby wanted to roam around. She sat down but every 20 seconds, she stands. After 5 minutes, she transferred to the chair at the back, I followed her. Another, 5 minutes of holder her but it was a struggle. I ask her to go, she said let’s go. My baby knows I was upset then. I ask her to face the wall at the entrance and she cried. Our practice at home is that she faces the wall when she is naughty”.

Moreover, we went back inside the church. However, my toddler did not sit just stand beside me. As I observe her maximum sitting time is 3 minutes. The other 7 minutes is standing and stopping her from going to another chair.    

Teacher Malou’s comment: Good try! More…

Journal Date: August 6, 2011

This is our second visit to the church. Again we went on a Saturday. As expected there were few people inside the church. We stayed at the church for 20 minutes. Let me narrate what happened in 20 minutes:

It was a big improvement compared to last week. My baby sat down for 20 minutes. What an achievement! There were movements from where she sat for 1 meter but she remains seated. There was an attempt to stand but when Mommy says no, she follows. There was no standing and moving to another chair, thus, I was able to teach her to pray.

Thanks God! Next week we will try to go on a Sunday.

Journal Date: August 14, 2011

This is our third visit to the church. This time we went on a Sunday. We went on a second mass so that there are not so many people inside the church. We sat where we sat every Saturday. We brought 3 cookies and 2 toys.

For the first 15 minutes, my baby was busy eating cookies. After that she remains seated and stands up when Mommy stands up. The next 15 minutes, she played with her toy.

After 30 minutes, my baby attempted to go to another chair as the people beside us left. I ask her to go back and sit and she did.

After 45 minutes, she attempted again to go to another chair but I hug my baby and said to her to remain in her sit. When she saw that there are many people moving out after 1 hour, my baby said to me “Let’s go” while pulling my hand.

I must say so far, so good. We were able to finish the mass. We’ll do it again next Sunday. I feel great that I can go now to mass with my baby.

Journal Date: August 21, 2011

This is our fourth visit to the church. We continued to go on a Sunday. We went on a second mass so that there are not so many people inside the church. We sat where we sat every Saturday. We brought 3 cookies and 2 toys.

We arrived at 9:45 in the morning.

9:45 ~10:00: My baby ate the cookies

10:00~10:15: My baby stands, kneel, sings with Mommy

10:20~10:30: My baby attempted to go to another chair. I hug her and ask her to please sit down.

10:30~10:45: My baby wanted to go. It was a struggle to keep her seated. I told her to face the wall if she doesn’t behave but it did not work. Around 5 times of pulling back to her sit.

Today was a difficult one, although she has not roamed around. I hope next week will be better.
                               
Teacher Malou’s comment: make sue that the cookies not provoke hyperactivity. Please give her heavy breakfast so that she will not eat inside the church. Please give the(cookies) rewards after the act.

Journal Date: August 28, 2011

This is our fifth visit to the church. It is Sunday. This time, instead of cookies we brought cheese cake and juice. Also, my baby ate heavy breakfast before we went to the church.

9:45 ~10:00: My baby stands, kneel, sings with Mommy

10:00~10:15: She ate her snack

10:15~10:30: My baby stands, kneel, sings with Mommy

10:30~10:45: she attempted to go to another chair. It was a struggle to keep her seated. She wanted to go. Around 4 times of pulling her back to her seat.

Although it was still difficult at the end of the mass, I must say my baby still has improved!
She did not open her snack for 15 minutes. We’ll try 30 minutes next sunday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...