Hyperactive behavior Improvement: Going to Church 1

Journal date: September 2011
Rian's Age: 4 years old

One of my difficulty with my hyperactive child is attending mass. We are a Roman Catholic, thus, the mass takes one hour. With my baby Rian, we simply cannot finish the mass, we cannot even stay half the mass.
It is very tiring to keep on running after her. Upon arrival in the church, she starts roaming around.

I have consulted teacher Malou, she said it could be that it has nothing to do with her hyperactivity it was just her practice. She ask me what have I done to improve her behavior in the church. I said nothing, I just stopped bringing her with me. Teacher Malou said doing this will not improve anything. She advised me to start going to church every Saturday so there are no people around. We just go there to sit. My baby has to understand that we have to remain seated when we go to the church.

One more important note from her is that I should not expect my baby to keep seated for one hour during the first visit. We should expect gradual improvement. For instance, for the first visit I can bring a toy to keep her busy and we can stay for fifteen minutes only. The next we shall try 20 minutes, then the next visit we can stay longer. Teacher Malou ask me to write down in a notebook how the visits go then I give to her every week so she can make recommendations if necessary. Let me share to you my notes in my next blog: Hyperactive baby going to church .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...